Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My First Ever Baby Shower

I've been skipping writing blog these couple of days and it's because the Danish lesson was approaching its end and we had some test last Monday that I got too busy and too tired to write for the past few days. Now that I've already past the test (yeay!) and the lesson would be over soon this week, I could write regularly as usual.

Yesterday was such a perfect day, that I could done the test quite successfully in the morning while in the afternoon, one of my American friend from the Danish lesson was arranging a baby shower for me (yeah, that's very sweet of her!). So when I arrived at her house with two other friends, I was so surprise as she decorated the house and prepared everything so perfectly. I only saw baby shower party on TV as we don't have such thing in Indonesia, so that was quite amazing to me, she and her fiancee even baked a cake for this party. Awesome, isn't it?

Here are some examples of the decoration.
The funny part is that she told us that her fiancee is a very neat person and he loves to have designer furnitures but then all the lamps and rooms were full with swirling ribbons all over them :-D I imagined how shocked he would be when he got home and saw all the massive decorations attached to his furnitures.

Well basically we just hanged around, had chit-chats and ate finger foods the whole afternoon, but it was fun indeed! Since we are all girls and we're around the same age so we had so much stuff to talk about. Apparently they brought me some presents for the baby and I always excited receiving gifts! They asked me to open the gifts and look what I've got! I looooove all of the gifts! They are all so cute and thoughtful. So I was coming home with a bigger smile on my face and a bigger bag of course :-D

And these are all the sweet girls that came to celebrate my baby shower.


From left to right: Joy (the girl who arranged the baby shower!), Irene, Me, Sarita, Sidra, Fransiska and Astrid. Joy and Irene are from America, Sarita is from India, Sidra and Fransiska are from Germany and Astrid is from France. Yeah, we are from all around the world! :)

And these are all the presents that I received!


The painting is from Sarita, she loves to paint and she painted the baby boy's name. My husband and I love it! We planned to put it in the baby's room once we managed to have one. The brown knitted sweater is from Joy and she made it herself. I am still amazed how she is so crafty and talented because the knitted sweater is looked like the one sold in a store instead of handmade. The knitted shoes is from Astrid. The great part about the gift is I just saw these shoes in a store, right before we came to Joy's house and I was willing to buy so badly since they are so cute and I haven't bought any baby shoes but then I was still thinking about it since we have spent too much this month, so when I opened the present and found this in one of them I am so happy. The hippo baby clothes is from Sidra, these are too cute, especially the hat with the ears. Definitely gonna put this for Baby Rafa to wear when he's out from the hospital :-)

Very happy and thankful that I have such a caring new friends! Surely will miss them all once the Danish class is over :)

Cheers,
Indispensable Lady

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked the name sign for baby Rapha. I love creating something new and making my own gifts when I can. And I had fun making this one:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess..I like it so much, it's a very thoughtful gift, indeed! Thanks a lot, Sarita! :)

      Delete

Any thoughts? Feel free to share them here..