Sunday, June 3, 2012

Learning Danish


The question I heard recently whenever I was talking to relatives or friends is "How's your Danish lesson?" Yeah, I know ever since the last post that I mentioned I was struggling on the first day, I haven't posted anything related to the Danish lesson. Well, so today's post I'm gonna update you with the progress so far.

After several classes, I think I am progressing well even though the teacher increases the pace quite significantly since he is going to have cancel 2 classes during this month. Up till now, I already learn how to introduce myself, tell others about my background, order or buy something in the store and even create a sentence or a question in Danish. Of course I still lack of vocabulary so the words that I could use are still very limited.

One thing I noticed to be successful in learning a language is doing a lot of exercises and keep practicing the lesson you have learned by far. Otherwise, you'll learn new things in every upcoming classes but then you forgot what you already learned in previous classes. One of my classmate is making flash cards to help her memorizing all the lessons learned. I think that is one smart way to help you master the language better as you wrote down once again, you will remember the vocabulary and grammar even more. 

I am planning to use her method as well, however I am not good in keeping too many papers so I think it would be useless if I use flashcards like her as most likely I will lose the flashcards easily. I am thinking to make a digital flashcards instead. The idea is still in my head, but I will post it here once the project is finished. Perhaps by creating a digital flashcard I could also help others who are willing to learn Danish. All they need to do is just downloading the flashcard from this blog.

Another things I should do to improve my Danish is practicing to real world. However it is not that easy as I heard that Danes don't like to speak Danish with you if your Danish isn't good. Most likely they will reply you in English, even though you talk to them with poor Danish. I also spontaneously speak in English whenever I have to talk to the Danes and afterwards I just realize that I should be able to use Danish as I already know what's word to use in that situation. Too bad it's too late, then. Hopefully I could use my Danish in practice real soon.

Cheers,
Indispensable Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? Feel free to share them here..