Friday, June 8, 2012

My Baby's Stroller

As posted in the post titled Stroller Hunting, we finally ordered the stroller online from eBay. Honestly, this was the first time I ordered something online from eBay so I was a little bit worried since we were quite struggling with the few issues that aroused while placing the order.

The first problem is my husband's eBay account was created with Indonesian address and telephone number so we have to change the registration address into our address in Denmark. However somehow changing the registration country on eBay required much effort, it is said that we need to provide certain documents to proof that we reside in Denmark. The customer service notified that the procedure may require some time and most likely will delay our order, so she suggested that we just change the delivery address instead. So this problem was solved.

Another problem occurred once we have placed the order for the stroller as we would like to order the diaper bag and rain cover along with the stroller, since delivery is free for additional items. That is when we want to place order for the diaper bag and the rain cover, the eBay need to contact us by phone as security protection procedures. Meanwhile, the telephone number that registered on eBay is still Indonesian phone number since we are not able to change the registration data. Fortunately the seller could help us by adding the price of diaper bag and rain cover to the stroller price so we could still buy the items without placing order on eBay. Finally this was also solved, so all we should do is paying for the items we ordered.

The seller only receives payment with Paypal or bank transfer. We decided to use bank transfer to settle the bill. However there are some regulation regarding who will pay for the bank charges, as I read the bank's guideline for administration cost, it is said that if both parties will share the cost, it would only cost 40 kroner, however if we the payer who will bear all the cost, minimum charge would be 200 kroner. I don't know how it works for transferring money between EU countries, but paying 200 kroner just for bank charges is not make sense for me. You could buy another stroller accessories with such amount. So I decided to choose the option of sharing the cost, even though I don't know whether it is acceptable by the seller. Luckily, it doesn't matter for the seller so few days ago I received a notification email, stating that the items we ordered have been delivered.

Yesterday the package was finally arrived at our door and I was so excited to open it but my husband came home late in the evening and I already slept when he came home. However last night he already carried the package upstairs so he said that I could open it today. He knows that I cannot wait to open the package soon. LOL. He is totally right, so after coming home from Danish lesson this noon I opened the package and assemble the stroller myself. I am not good with assembling things and usually I ended up breaking them instead. However I am too curious to see how the push chair would turn into, so I tried my best and I succeeded! And I'm so proud of myself for that :-D

So here is how the push chair look like:


We could change the pram into seat unit once the baby is being able to sit, however I couldn't figure out how to pull out the pram and change it with the seat unit. So I'll just post the picture of the seat unit without the frame. I'll ask my husband to figure it out when he came home this evening as he's so much better than me in reading instructions and assembling things :-D


And here is the picture of the matching diaper bag and the rain cover. I love the diaper bag as it is stylish, yet spacious and complete with a changing mat that is stored at the bottom of the bag. However it doesn't have special cases to put bottles, so I'm thinking of buying a diaper bag organizer in order to be able to bring water or milk bottles without the risk of spilling the liquid. The rain cover is actually a universal four season cover, so it could also be used to prevent the baby from snow and wind, which is practical considering the unpredictable weather of Copenhagen.


A few tips when you decided to buy stuffs online:

  1. If you buy a product of which comfort and practical play an important role in buying decision, try to test the product first at physical store nearby before you order it online. Doing so, you won't find any unpredictable facts once you received the product.
  2. Ensure the website and seller is trustable. Check from the other customers review. It is important especially when you need to submit credit card information to avoid crime.
  3. Check the delivery cost and other charges applied to ensure that the total amount that you should pay is still cheaper compared to buying from a brick and mortar store. Since there is bigger risk of undelivered items when buying online, you need to be sure that the reward (price difference) is worth more than the risk.
Overall, I'm satisfied with the products and the quick delivery and responses from the seller. One thing that I am not so pleased is at first I thought the stroller is a product of Germany, since the company who owns the brand is a German company and it is stated that the product is German design, but apparently it is made in China, as written on the packaging. I don't mean to be judging but we all know that the quality of Chinese products are not the very best. But I guess, everything are produced in China for cost efficiency purposes, nowadays.

Cheers,
Indispensable Lady

4 comments:

  1. Yana, aku punya si bag organizer, kalo dirimu mau liat, sabtu aku bawain. masih baru dan aku g make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah kalo kamu ga pake bole Win, daripada mubazir :-D Kalo bisa besok bole tolong bawain yaaah..biar bisa aku cobain, masuk ga ke dalem diaper bagnya. Thanks a lot!!

      Delete

Any thoughts? Feel free to share them here..