Friday, June 29, 2012

DIY: Wedding

Planning a wedding for a girl must be an exciting thing to do, especially when we could decide whatever we want to make the whole wedding reflects our personality. I was talking to my friend, Joy, the American girl from my Danish lesson class, about her plans for her wedding next year. As I just found out from the baby shower party, that she's so crafty, I believed she must want to have a DIY (Do It Yourself) wedding, at least for the decoration and accessories. Apparently it is true, she said that she already planned to make her flower bouquet and table centre piece on her own. Even just hearing her plan makes me feel so excited and I really want to help her, if she allows me, of course :-D

I could recall during my preparation for wedding, I browsed a lot to American and Australian's wedding websites where they feature the real American and Australian wedding and most of them have the DIY wedding. It's so lovely to see the handmade decorations or wedding stationeries, and I believe the satisfaction is beyond ordinary when you could make something for your own wedding. Unfortunately, it is impossible to have DIY wedding for my wedding, since the guests that were invited was nearly reached 2000 people, so it's kinda impossible to make so many wedding stationeries or decorate such a big place on my own.

However, I managed to make something for my wedding and I'm so happy about them. At least there are some small parts of my wedding that I made it by myself. The first one is the flower balls to be carried by my bridesmaids and flower girl. I learned how to make flower ball from my aunt who has a florist business. At first, it's kind of hard to make a ball from blocks floral foam (I didn't buy floral foam balls as they are more expensive), but I was getting better after the forth floral foam :-D The hardest part is inserting the ribbon through the ball since there's a chance of breaking the ball when I inserted the ribbon with a thick wire. After that I just sticked the artificial flowers to the foam ball with a glue. Here is the result of my flower ball for my wedding:

Photo courtesy of Indigosix Photoworks
Another thing I made is the "Just Married" banner for golf car decorations. We planned to end the wedding party by leaving the party with the golf cart since we had the wedding party in a golf club. However since the idea is unusual from the tradition in Indonesia wedding party (the bride and groom should stay at the stage until all the guests are finished shaking hands and congratulate us), we couldn't do it. But we still did it anyway after all the guests are leaving the party for photo documentation purposes only, and thankfully it was still fun :) So here is the banner that I made, I designed the banner using Adobe Photoshop and had it printed on a art carton in a local printing service. Then I just cut the banner following the shapes and had them hang with a string.
Photo courtesy of Indigosix Photoworks
So, what crafty stuffs did or will you make for your wedding? Don't forget to tell me what you think about my DIY wedding accessories! :)

Cheers,
Indispensable Lady

PS: I forgot to bring the complete photo CD to Copenhagen when I moved, so I couldn't post the picture of flower ball and the banner on its own. I just took the above photos from Indigosix Photoworks facebook page, instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? Feel free to share them here..