Thursday, June 28, 2012

Capturing the Innocence

I always love kids, somehow there's something about their innocence and cuteness that attracts me to play around with them. Before I was moving to Denmark, I planned to make a kids photography career and eventually I had two customers for a start. 

It's not that easy though photographing kids because they tend to move around a lot and you cannot dictate them to pose. Well, I don't like to ask them to pose either during photo shoot, since the expression won't be natural if they are posing. However, it needs extra effort to have good candid photos because you need to keep up with their energy and also their happy and joyful moments tend not to last longer so you need to quickly capture the good moments.

Here are several tips for photographing kids:
  1. Be friend with them first. It is important that they feel secure with having you around before you point the camera in front of them, unless they would just keep turning their face away from you.
  2. Give them something to play with or engage them in any kind of activities so they would have the good time with themselves and show their natural expressions.
  3. It's better to have their moms and/or dads hanging around both of you because the kids would feel more comfortable when knowing that their beloved ones are around. Parents can also help in entertaining and watching the kids while you're busy taking their pictures.
  4. Since they will move around a lot, you should master the technique of managing the light or you could use the AV program for practical reason. Therefore you could concentrate on having the right angle, the right moment and the right composition without worrying to much with the quality of light.
  5. Kids love to touch your camera, so allow them to see their pictures in the camera display, they are more excited to make cute poses afterwards. However don't let them hold it by themselves since there's big chances that they will drop it :-D
I haven't done much kids photography recently, hopefully after my delivery I could spend more time taking photos of my son and other kids. Would be happy if any of you would like to be my next customer in Denmark :-D

These are several of my kids photography portfolio. 









Hope you like it!

Cheers,
Indispensable Lady


1 comment:

Any thoughts? Feel free to share them here..