Thursday, April 26, 2012

Those Tiny Little Feet


This is my 26 weeks of pregnancy and the baby starts kicking a little bit harder than before, sometimes I could even feel his feet underneath my stomach. The question I often heard during my pregnancy is how do you feel being pregnant?

For guys or those who has never been pregnant perhaps wondering, how would it feel to have another living soul inside your body. Well, I used to stumble for a while for answering such question. Not that I don't feel anything, but it's a little bit hard to put your feelings into words. Nevertheless, I try to share it with you on this special post :)

Firstly, it is my husband who suspicious that I am pregnant. At that time I often asked him to eat some specific foods, which is quite rare. I used to let him pick the restaurants or foods to eat. However, we were waiting for the news of job application in Copenhagen, which my husband applied to. I said, "Let's do the pregnancy test when we have received the news from Denmark's office, hence, whatever the result of job interview is, we would have good news :)"

A couple of days later, I went to the gym and when I did the cardio, I felt a little bit ache around my stomach. I decided to stop the cardio, because I thought if I really was pregnant, I didn't want to harm the baby. On the next day, he is notified that he got the job. As promise before, I took the pregnancy test that night and the result is positive. I couldn't forget the look of my husband, he lost his word and looked surprise, because the month before, we did the test since my period was late for two weeks, but it was negative. However, we really excited to welcome the little baby, we hugged for a moment and told our family the two good news.

The first trimester, I wasn't feel very healthy, I got nausea a lot and sometimes vomit, I couldn't eat or smell certain foods, such as garlic, rice and other food with strong taste. I was having a hard time to sleep at night and often felt dizzy and sleepy. I remembered I rejected every activities and chose to stay at home all day. However, I didn't have much to do at home since staring at computer or watching TV more than 30 minutes caused me nausea and dizzy. I experienced mood swings during the that time as I felt helpless not knowing how to handle my own body.

After I got to the second trimester, I got over with the nausea and dizziness. I got back to my activities and had my daily schedule full with the moving preparation. Physically, I started to gain weight, had bigger tummy and slowly changed my type of clothes into the loosen one. While mentally, I began to be more mature by controlling emotion and being responsible.

Recently I found the article regarding hypnobirthing, a relaxation technique that helps you to experience the birth labor with calmer mind and attitude, which in consequence helps to reduce the pain and stress during labor. I bought the book and started to listen to the CD attached to practice the hypnobirthing at home. Having more knowledge about the importance of relaxation in facing the life changes and accepting the natural process of birth labor, influenced me in someway by having more positive attitudes towards life and the pregnancy.

As a result, I don't stress out even though I live on my own now, apart from close family and no one to help cleaning the house, doing laundry or cooking. In contrary, I am enjoying the changes and embracing the experiences. I also engage more with the baby, talking to him everyday, playing classical music for him and practicing the hypnobirthing relaxation once or twice a day. I feel more closer to the baby and I believe he starts to understand my words as he kicked me with those tiny little feet when I asked him to.

Now, I just couldn't wait to welcome him to the world, showering him with love and tenderness and getting ready to be a good mother for him.

I love you my baby, see you soon in 3 months :)

Cheers,
Indispensable Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? Feel free to share them here..