Saturday, April 28, 2012

His Plan is Better than Yours


My today's post is gonna be a little bit religious since I got inspiration from the priest's homily. Yes, I grew up in Catholic family, which is quite active at church and we go to church every week. I could say I was raised into a good Catholic girl and has good relationship with God. However I must say there were times that I feel very distant from God. The worst was like 5 years ago, I was having a very breakdown period in my life, where everything I wanted just fell into pieces. I got used to achieve anything that I want easily as I planned and at that moment, it frustrated me as I couldn't make life ran as I wanted it to be. I was very unhappy and felt lonely almost all the time.

Nevertheless, God always find a way to pull me back to His way. I began to start wondering, what God wanted from me, what He thought is the best for me because all I wanted is just be happy again and embrace my life. At first I struggled in listening to Him. I even wondered how do you know whether it is God's voice or it is my mind saying things I wanted to hear. Then my best friend once reminded me when I told her about my confusion in understanding God's will, she said, maybe it's not because God didn't show you what you should do, He had lead the way, it's you who didn't want to hear and accept it because His way is different than what you expected. Her words stroked me quite hard.

From that moment on, I realized that God spoke to me in many ways, one of them is through closest friends' advices. However it is me who chose to blind my eyes and cover my ears as His way is different than my will. Then I changed my prayer from begging things to work out as I wanted, into praying so that I could listen to His word and follow His will. Afterwards, my life got a whole lot better and it turned out His plan is always way so much better than ours. I received a lot more blessing and happiness I couldn't even imagine I would get if I didn't follow His plan. Couldn't feel more grateful having God lead my life this far. He is truly my shepherd and now I surrender my life to His plan, to His calling, wherever He may lead, I will follow, because now I know, His plan is always beautiful and He will guide me through difficult times as long as I follow His path.

At the end of the homily, the priest sang this song, which is beautifully expressing how I feel:

Shepherd of my soul I give you full control,
Wherever You may lead I will follow.
I have made the choice to listen for Your voice,
Wherever You may lead I will go.

Be it in a quiet pasture or by a gentle stream,
The Shepherd of my soul is by my side.
Should I face a mighty mountain or a valley dark and deep,
The Shepherd of my soul will be my guide.

Shepherd of my soul 
Oh You have made me whole,
Where ever I hear You call how my tears flow.
How I feel your love how I want to serve gladly give my heart to You O Lord.

Be it in the flowing river or in the quiet night,
The Shepherd of my soul is by my side.
Should I face the stormy weather or the dangers of this world.
The Shepherd of my soul will be my guide.


Cheers,
Indispensable Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? Feel free to share them here..