Friday, April 27, 2012

Organizing Your Kitchen


It's been such a busy day for me. The container which carried my stuff from Indonesia, just came yesterday and we truly brought so many stuff from home! You could imagine how such a mess our apartment is at the moment.
I dedicated all of my time today to organize my kitchen, since there are so many kitchen appliances and utensils I brought from home, to minimize the cost. Since, almost every thing in here is way so expensive. Fortunately my brand new kitchen is super awesome. It has so many shelves so I could put all the stuff in.
Despite all the mess, I am quite enjoying it. I want to make my kitchen so organized and neat so it will look tidy and I'm pretty sure that an organized kitchen helps you to get things more quickly during cooking process.
Since I'm not finished organizing it, I will post the result later on. However, I stumbled on few blogs showing how the bloggers organized their kitchen cabinet and I got few inspirations from them. Let me share with you some of the blogs. But I warn you, these blogs made me want to run to IKEA or supermarket to buy some organizer stuff, so just be careful with your pockets :-D

1. http://abowlfulloflemons.blogspot.com/2011/02/week-4-challenge-kitchen-organization.html
I love how the wire shelving is hanged inside the cabinet door, it creates more space in the cabinet and specified items can be found easily without having to take out other items first.

2. http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/house-and-home/kitchen-cabinet-organization.html
This blogger use slotted organizer racks from Walmart to organize its baking dish, a smarter way then stacking your baking dishes. Hence, when you need one baking dish, you don't need to take everything out.

3. http://ariannabelle.com/blog/2012/01/beautifully-labeled-pantry.html
This blogger featured few bloggers who organized their kitchens beautifully. I love how they use matching jars and custom designed label to store basic spices.

4. http://orgjunkie.com/2012/03/spring-into-organization-my-organized-kitchen.html
Basically this is the best one from all of the above. She used wire shelves, organizer racks, boxes and shelf insert to make everything look so neat and organized.

I have searched the IKEA website to look for some organizer stuff, I could find the boxes and shelf insert, however I couldn't find any of organizer racks. Do you know any shop similar to Container Store in Copenhagen? Can't wait to do the shopping for my lovely kitchen :)

Cheers,
Indispensable Lady

1 comment:

  1. Actually, my favorite blog site on kitchen matters is the one I have put together with my partner. We are professional cabinetmakers who call it like we see it. We have written about kitchens and bathrooms, both on design and on the many products one can purchase for remodeling projects.

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? Feel free to share them here..