Thursday, July 5, 2012

How About Some Tips?


Still continuing the latest post about Maternity Photo Shoot, I would like to give some tips for doing your own maternity photo shoot (without professional photographer, I mean).

First, determine which kind of maternity photos that you would like to have, the elegant and classic type or the natural and fun type. Just browse them through the internet, there are lots of portfolios from professional photographers who do maternity photos nowadays. I was looking at Pinterest for getting some ideas, and I think some of them are very creative and unusual. Save the photos that you like so you could 'cheat' for inspiration of pose during the photo shoot when you run out of inspirations. Yes, it happens a lot to me when doing the photo shoot that I don't know what to do next because I was running out of ideas.


Next is preparing the properties. I love doing photo shoot with properties, even when I shot for pre-wedding photos, because the properties help the model to pose and could be the thing that makes the photo more unique and pop up. For my last photo shoot, I just made the properties (the "Special Gift" sign, "It's a Boy" sign and the alphabetical cubes) with Adobe Photoshop, had them print and sticked them to a card stock. They cost me nothing :) 


On the day of photo shoot, prepared the clothes that you would like to wear, I preferred to wear white shirts or tank top and a legging as they will show more of your pregnancy shapes. Some of the pictures I found on the internet only use sheets to cover the body. I thought wearing silky or thin sheets makes the pregnant woman looks elegant in the picture. Too bad I didn't have one :-(

Don't forget to do your hair and make up as natural as possible. I believed all pregnant woman has this pregnancy glow that makes them pretty without having too much make up on. I didn't use any make up in my photo shoot as I normally don't use any in my daily life :) However, since most pregnant woman have stretch marks on their belly, perhaps you could cover the marks with foundation. I just realized that I could do this trick, just after the photo shoot. Before, I was wondering why does every photo on the internet show flawless belly, while mine looks such a mess with the red marks all over it :-D Well, since its too late for me, perhaps you could try the tips when you have your maternity photo shoot for better result :-D

Then all you have to do is begging your husband to take your photos or even better if you could have a friend to take it for both of you so your husband could also pose with you. I would love to have the picture where my husband kiss my tummy. Unfortunately we didn't have the tripod that is strong enough to hold the heavy camera and I was too exhausted during the photo shoot to arrange the photo with a timer.

One last thing, have fun and just stop anytime you feel tired during the photo shoot :)

Cheers,
Indispensable Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? Feel free to share them here..