Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Finger Food!



Who doesn't love finger food? I remembered one finger food I love to eat back home was bruschetta from Pizza Hut. In my early trimester pregnancy, I was craving for it however I cannot eat the one that sold in Pizza Hut because it contains pineapple and I don't eat pineapple during pregnancy. That's why I decided to make my own bruschetta.

After searching for the recipe on internet, I couldn't find the perfect recipe, so I modified by my own according to my taste :) Here is the recipe:

Bruschetta
Made about 15 slices of french bread

Ingredients:
French bread, cut into slices, about 1 cm thickness
1 large Sausage, cut into small pieces (or you could use smoke beef / ham)
white onion, cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/3 part of tomato, remove the pulp (the wet part), cut into small cubes
3 tablespoon of mayonnaise
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of tomato sauce
2 teaspoon of condensed milk
cheddar cheese for topping

Method:

  1. Heat the oven to 150 degree Celcius.
  2. Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan, add white onion and stir until fragrant
  3. Add the sausage to the sauce pan, stir until cooked
  4. In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice, tomato sauce and condensed milk together. Taste and add the ingredients to get the taste as you like (more sweet or more sour)
  5. Add the tomato cubes, sausage and white onion to the mixture and mix them well with a spoon.
  6. Put a spoonful of the mixture on top of the bread and spread the cheddar on top of it.
  7. Bake for about 15 minutes with 150 degree Celcius, if the edge of the bread is not crispy enough, bake again for another 5 - 10 minutes.
I noticed that the middle part of the bread was not crispy, so perhaps if you like the whole bread to be crispy, you should bake the bread first before putting the topping. The taste is very similar to the one sold in Pizza Hut, except for the missing pineapple, so I'm pretty satisfied with them :)

Cheers,
Indispensable Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts? Feel free to share them here..