Monday, January 21, 2013

Purpose



Everything has a purpose, clocks tell you the time, trains takes you to places. 
I'd imagine the whole world was one big machine. 
Machines never come with any extra parts, you know. 
They always come with the exact amount they need. 
So I figured if the entire world was one big machine... I couldn't be an extra part. 
I had to be here for some reason. 
And that means you have to be here for some reason, too.
-Hugo Cabret-

As much as I enjoy being a mother, somewhere along the way during the past 5 months I lost myself somehow. Just recently it hit me that I don't even know what completes me as a individual. Perhaps I let myself drown too deep into the role of a mother and suddenly my whole life revolves around parenting stuff, even in my spare time.

Therefore I am in a new mission of finding back my purpose of living. Starting by managing time more carefully so that my day won't be stuck with only taking care of Raphael, cleaning the house nor reading the social media. I just realized that even though I am a planner junkie, my life recently goes without any, which somehow makes me feel like I am wasting time by doing nothing as suddenly the months goes by.

Scheduling day to day activities is my priority at the moment, which I've never had before since I became full time housewife. What I have in mind is scheduling days for doing the laundry, cleaning the house and cooking day, in which I would cook more so I could store the food for days when I don't feel like cooking or when Raphael is having a bad day. By doing so, hopefully I would have more of my 'me' time, then afterwards I would start focusing in figuring out what I really want to achieve in life.

Some advice, readers?

Cheers,
Indispensable Lady

1 comment:

  1. Kalau emang passion-nya berbagi, berguna untuk orang lain, teruslah menulis supaya selalu inget untuk cari bahan tulisan. Jadi bisa selalu happy. Dengan begitu, sukur2 sih identitasnya gak akan melebur jadi ibu si adik, atau istri si fulan.
    Karena orang yang happy akan bisa mikirin kebahagiaan orang lain tanpa merasa 'tercuri' waktu dan tenaga. Semangat!
    Biasanya jadi silent reader nih, tapi blognya terlalu bagus untuk didiemin. Nice post, Yana :D

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts? Feel free to share them here..